Homemade Acne Mask – Best Homemade Acne Masks
Among female teens and adults, acne is one of the most common problems. While there are a lot of available solutions found in the market, most prefer the natural or homemade yet effective remedies. Well others still trust the chemical-based products because they are skeptical in terms of the homemade treatments. They tend to ignore that using these natural concoctions are less risky compared to artificial ones.
So to speak, your kitchen is the perfect setting for teens who are problematic about an acne breakout or for women who have tried several products but couldn’t find anything that really works. The following offers some useful suggestions on homemade acne mask that can end your problem not only over acne but also blackheads, whiteheads and several other facial skin imperfections.
• Egg Mask – It’s simple to prepare. Just beat the egg white until frothy and apply for at least 20 minutes, then rinse. Doing this regularly can tighten pores on the face and lighten dark or red spots. The only thing you may have to bear is the unpleasant smell but it just takes a few minutes. And you will get good results for the small price you have to pay. You can add a few drops of lemon juice to the egg white for a cleaner feel and less offensive odor. Make the most out of the egg and use the yolk to cure acne problems. The vitamin A content of egg yolk is a powerful acne remedy. If you are allergic to egg white, definitely don’t use it. You have other choices.
• Lemon Juice Mask – It may be small but it’s a powerful skin cleanser as it is loaded with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) that also helps regenerate cells. It will ward off acne from developing and keep whiteheads and blackheads at bay. It’s also an effective remedy for acne scars. To use, squeeze one whole lemon in water and apply to your face. Leave overnight and rinse in the morning. If you have sensitive skin though, this is not recommended.
• Baking Soda Mask – Mix with a small amount of water, apply it on your face and leave for at least 20 minutes, then rinse. It will not only help clear your face from acne but will also make your skin feel softer and smoother. Again, it is not recommended for people with sensitive skin. You can tell if by the way your skin stings while leaving it on. You don’t have to wash it off right away but don’t do it on a regular basis.
• Oatmeal Mask – This is definitely one of the most popular homemade acne masks being widely used. For one, it’s cheaper and highly effective good for sensitive and normal skin conditions. You just have to combine it with water and a few drops of lemon juice, leave it on until it sticks with a few minutes extension and rinse gently. Blackheads, dead skin cells, whiteheads and acne are among its target.
• Honey Mask – A highly effective homemade acne mask, honey is applied directly on the face and left on overnight or for 20 minutes. Just be careful about your beddings.
• Tea Tree Oil – If your acne hurts, tea tree oil is the best solution. You can mix it with another homemade acne mask or apply it directly on your face. It helps ease the painful breakout and dries the acne more quickly than other masks. Apply it overnight for best results or leave on for 20 minutes.